Wednesday, February 24, 2016

What is God Most Interested In?

To find out what God is most interested in regarding our lives and situations is a huge key in accomplishing our mission.

In the past year, I have had two very strong prophetic experiences where seasoned prophets who knew nothing about me spoke directly from the heart of God to me... they read my mail!  One was from India and gave me the prophetic prayer in Malaysia and the other was from Holland and gave me the prophetic prayer in the Philippines.

As I have been contemplating what God has spoken to me through these experiences and through other direct and indirect communications He has been sending me, the one thing that hit me this morning is not what was in the messages, but what was not.

The Lord has literally been ignoring some of my questions.  In the case of the Dutch guy who prophesied over me just last Monday, I had been asking God very specific questions during the worship service and about 75% of them were answered in the prophecy.  It went something like this.  "You have been asking ___________ and the Lord is saying ______________."  It was very specific.  But yet 25% of what I asked was ignored.  On purpose  :-)

So what has been missing?  What questions are being ignored by the Lord?  He has told me very little about the ministries and the Church that I oversee.  That is, He is not giving me any new information at the moment even though I am asking Him.

Instead, He has been focusing on me, personally.  Telling me to keep developing, keep growing, keep going, look at the big picture, don't get stuck, stay light on my feet and so much more.

To me, that seems weird.  I would assume that the Lord would be much more interested in the ministries that I oversee than me personally.  After all, the well being of many people is at stake!  But that is where my human mind-set is wrong.  God is always more interested in the minister than in the ministry.  In the person and His personal relationship with them than He is in what they do, even if what they do is for Him.  The ministries are His responsibility and He really is in control.

He wants me to focus on growing my character, my capacity, my intimacy with Him!  If I will continue to work on my relationship with the Lord, the natural out-flow of that will be that I am more able to help others!

Is God concerned about the Church I Pastor?  The other ministries?  Absolutely!  But it would be a mistake for me to think that I am irreplaceable and it would be a mistake to work on the Church more than to work on me.

What is God Most Interested In?  Every single person individually.  Every single one is precious to Him and He doesn't look at them primarily grouped in Fellowships.  He reaches each one.  Does He use a ministry to reach an individual?  Yes!  But the point always will be to reach the individual.  Not just to grow a group.

Now I do want to clarify.  There are times that God does speak to me about the specific ministries. Our whole mission and all of our goals are based exclusively on having heard from Him.  But those issues are not as important and the communication about them is not as regular as about my personal relationship with Him.  They are not as important as God's individual plan and communication for each person.

My final thought that I hope to drive home is this.  Could it be that what is getting in the way of many people moving forward in God, an over emphasis or too high of a priority on ministry rather than on relationship?  I believe so!