Monday, June 20, 2011

Prophecy is Important

I received a message quoting a pophetic word I had delivered a few weeks earlier at a Church in the USA. The word I had delivered to a young man during the service was "get close to God because you are going to face a life or death situation."

This was a prophetic encouragement to come close to God and it was also a prophetic warning of danger. Oh how I wish I could have spoken it with more clarity. Maybe I could have said, "son, you need to get right with God because you are going to die in a few weeks." The reason why I wish I could have done that is because they buried him just a few days ago.

Hind sight is 20/20 but prophecy is not. The Bible says that we all see in part and we all prophesy in part (1 Corinthians 13:9). Sometimes it is more direct, it contains more information than at other times, but we can only be faithful to speak what we are seeing or hearing in the spiritual realm. And we must especially be careful not to speak more than what we are perceiving. The Bible also tells us that God does nothing without first alerting His prophets (Amos 3:7). Nothing means not ever. God is faithful to warn. He is so merciful and kind even though His judgments are sure.

Maybe it wasn't a sure thing that this young man was going to die? I don't know. All that I do know is that I saw that he had better be ready because there was going to be a situation in which life or death were possible. And I do know that he was warned. Did he heed the warning? Did he get right with God? Did he stick to it? I don't know. My hope is that I will meet him in glory on the day that I arrive there. I hope it, though I don't pray it because his destiny has been set. The moment of death is the moment in which eternity is solidified for you. Nobody can pray you to a place that you are not already headed once you pass that point.

My main point in this discussion is that to prophesy, to warn is very important. The Bible tells us that if a watchman does not give warning, that the blood of those who are lost as a result will be upon that watchman himself (Ezekiel 3). We will be held accountable if we do not warn. Now I must insert this thought that I believe this does not only apply when giving or not giving prophetic messages. I believe this also applies in any situation where we should have given proper Bible instruction, even to our families but we did not.

For the Church that I Pastor, TFI Gateway, I am being stirred by God to raise up a Prophetic People, a Fiery Force who are God's instruments... His messengers who can receive and deliver specific messages from Him. Because Prophecy is Important!

1 Corinthians 12:31 encourages us to eagerly desire the greater gifts. That doesn't mean that some gifts are greater than others, but it means we need to desire more and more powerful giftings in our lives. Go for it my friend!! Become a mouth piece for God! Prophesy! Warn! Exhort! Encourage! Somebody's life may depend on it.