Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Dwelling for God

I was trying to sleep while en route to the USA on a flight yesterday. Everyone around me was snoozing and the flight attendants were nowhere to be found but I couldn't do it... My spirit and mind were consumed with one thing. Building the house of God!!
We are in the midst of raising up a new work in Manila and it has been a combination of exciting and painful. Exciting because of the success in winning souls, performing miracles and touching lives for God and painful because of the struggle, sacrifice and warfare. I wouldn't trade it for anything! The biggest struggle at that moment was that I didn't even want to be gone these next 3 Sundays even though I had left the Church in good hands... but we have run out of funds and need to come to the States to raise enough to keep us going for a few more months on the mission field as the Church continues to grow.
I began to thank the Lord for the amazing opportunity He has given us and especially for surrounding us with amazing people of like mind who are assisting us in the work in Manila. And for those who are praying with us and supporting us from a distance.
I asked the Lord, "Why is it that there are people who are fully committed, with an unusual desire and preoccupation to build Your House?" "Why am I like this?" There is something inside of me that is consumed with saving souls, improving lives, moving in the supernatural, occupying the earth and populating heaven; even organizing a Church.
This incredible and insatiable desire to build the Church comes from God. When a person loves God, His Word and the Holy Spirit, there is an awareness of Jesus' work on this earth, filling heaven for eternity by first filling the Church. It is His chosen way to complete His mission of finding and saving those who are lost.
I reached for my Bible and as usual, this amazing book opened right to a page where words jumped out and gripped my attention.
Psalm 132 (NIV) 1 O LORD, remember David and all the hardships he endured. 2 He swore an oath to the LORD and made a vow to the Mighty One of Jacob: 3 "I will not enter my house or go to my bed- 4 I will allow no sleep to my eyes, no slumber to my eyelids, 5 till I find a place for the LORD, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob."
As for me, I want to be like David in this way more and more... not resting until yet another dwelling place for the Lord is fully established in Manila and beyond!