Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hair & Waist

I was in Cebu City, Philippines a couple of weeks ago and had a wonderful time connecting and re-connecting with Pastors during a seminar and renewal set. But two different people back to back commented that my hair is not what it used to be????? What????? The implication is that I am receding. Joy and the rest of my family don't see it, but maybe that is because they are too close to me. For my whole life I had always been told I look like a particular uncle... a bald uncle. I'm going to be praying against this balding threat for sure!

But I can't be too depressed by that because just yesterday, I tried on some pants in my now normal size 36. I had been a 38 for years (and even a 40, ouch!) but have been happy about the 36 for well over a year now. They were too big! Yes!!! I tried the 34 and they were a perfect fit. Thinking that this item might be running big, I tried others on as well and even went to another store. 34 is my new size! Now if I can just keep it that way (more exercise and less rice). I was a 32 when Joy and I married.

If I had to choose between less hair or a big waist, what would it be... hmmmm. Joy, honey, what do you think? :-)